Backstory of a Shrinking Goddess

They say your body is your temple. Well my body has been my garbage dumpster. I know you only have one body; one life. This became more evident than ever last month when I lost my Father.

My Dad was 83 years old and he went in for routine blood tests in April and on May 2 his doctor called saying he had to go to the hospital. Apparently, he was severely anemic and needed a blood transfusion. They ended up giving him 3 transfusions and a million tests. We found out his kidneys were failing and he had Cancer. Multiple Myeloma Cancer. It is supposed to be a very slow growing cancer so he must have had it for years. We thought we would have at least a year or more with him but he refused treatment and he refused dialysis and on June 11 we got a call from the rehab center he was in until he was strong enough to come home. He was unresponsive; they could not wake him up. I then had the worst birthday of my life knowing he wasn't ever going to wake up again. We visited everyday but on June 14, 2018 he passed.

I never expected something like this to happen and it terrifies me. I have my own health problems and I'm only 34 years old. I don't want to die. Losing my Dad shows me how life is short and unpredictable. You never know how long you have and I have so much I want to see and do. This is it. Its time to change my life. So I'm going to start this blog to document my journey. I will post before and after pictures, recipes, my weekly weigh-ins, and whatever else I can to inspire myself and others in this journey of health. I hope you'll join me on this journey however long it takes.

Comments